August is NH Eat Local Month, but we think you should get started in July! Grab your camera or phone and start snapping photos that show how YOU, your family, and your friends enjoy great NH grown products! Visit a farmstand or farmers’ market. Attend a farm to table dinner or create your own at home with produce from your garden. Forage for wild blueberries. Purchase NH made products at the store and whip up a great local summer meal! The possibilities are endless.
5 winning photos will be selected. The awards will be gift certificates from businesses and/or individuals that produce or support a thriving local food system.
We will award:
1st place a $50 gift certificate – Sunflower Natural Foods
2nd place a $35 gift certificate – Picnic Rock Farm
3rd place a $25 gift certificate – Beans and Greens Farm
Honorable Mention a $10 gift certificate – Lakes Region Nutrition Center
Honorable Mention 1 lb NH Day Boat Fish – donated by Karen and Tom Barker
Complete the entry form below and attach your photo in JPEG format, then click “submit.” You may enter up to 3 photographs. See below for full contest rules.
The Photo Contest Rules
- Photo must feature a New Hampshire (NH) based activity and NH products.
- The deadline for photo submissions August 31, 2017. Winning entries will be selected by September 30, 2017.
- Negatives, printed photos, videos or links to web libraries are not eligible.
- Images become the property of the Lakes Region Food Network and may be shared with partner organization for use in promotional and educational materials.
- This contest is open to the general public. The families, staff and board members of the Lakes Region Food Network and the Belknap County Conservation District are not eligible to participate in this contest.
For some great tips on how to take winning photos, click “continue reading” in the image below.